Admin

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Code Geass (Review)

(Has Spoiler-Content)


Synopsis :


On August 10th of the year 2010 the Holy Empire of Britannia began a campaign of conquest, its sights set on Japan. Operations were completed in one month thanks to Britannia's deployment of new mobile humanoid armor vehicles dubbed Knightmare Frames. Japan's rights and identity were stripped away, the once proud nation now referred to as Area 11. Its citizens, Elevens, are forced to scratch out a living while the Britannian aristocracy lives comfortably within their settlements. Pockets of resistance appear throughout Area 11, working towards independence for Japan.

Lelouch, an exiled Imperial Prince of Britannia posing as a student, finds himself in the heart of the ongoing conflict for the island nation. Through a chance meeting with a mysterious girl named C.C., Lelouch gains his Geass, the power of the king. Now endowed with absolute dominance over any person, Lelouch may finally realize his goal of bringing down Britannia from within!




This Anime made my 2009, as it was a popular prime-time anime from a fledgling newly-released TV Channel TV5 on the Philippines, I would always make sure to get home from school as early as possible to not miss it.


I have watched this anime in Tagalog dub, English dub and on English subs, And I prefer English dub over the three, English just fits, like the "begone" line that Lelouch used on his parents, it translated well and it made more dramatic.

The two opening songs from FLOW, (Colors and World's End) Is still one of my favorite songs and I still listen to it to this day.

It still fascinates me that C.C. can eat so much pizza and still be extremely thin and the placement of the advertisements throughout the series is enjoyable.

I thoroughly enjoyed Ep 1-3 of Season 2, Lelouch came back with a vengeance and the sequences where he outsmarted the enemy with his tactics was awesome.

The "best friends trying to kill each other" plot was a nice touch.

Overall I found this anime as one of the best I've ever watched, it kept me on edge on what will happen next and I was always eager to watch the next episode because it is just so good. and while I'm not fond of Robots (Mecha Genre) this is one of the few exceptions, and this is the kind of anime that I recommend for the people who are just starting to watch anime, And if you haven't watched this anime, the hell are you waiting for, watch it now!

Score 9.5 / 10




No comments:

Post a Comment